1. The enclosure lid is held in place by a snap fit, in 4 places. In the approximate locations shown, insert small screwdriver between lid and base and pry outward to release snap fit. Lid can then be lifted out of assembly. (Note: Sync button will sometimes be slightly stuck to electronics board.
Detach sync button and board if necessary to completely remove lid and leave electronics in the base piece.)
Note-First generation product has windows in the base that clearly show the snap fit. 2nd generation product has covered windows (for sealing out water), but snap fit is still located in the same positions.
2. Gently lift board from base such that battery can be removed from battery holder. Insert new battery in same orientation. (Note: Wires that connect sensor base and electronics board remain attached during battery change. Use care not pull too hard on wires thus damaging the sensor.)
3. Place electronics board back into base. Pay attention to wire routing so that wires do not get pinched when lid is reassembled. Also check that the enclosure seal is properly seated into the base.
4. If Sync button came loose during disassembly, assemble button back to lid. Button will stay attached to lid once properly assembled to lid.
Note: First generation product only-Sync button does not assemble to lid. Place Sync button on electronics board as shown, and then install lid over Sync button onto base and snap in place.
5. Place lid back into base and press down fully to reengage all 4 snap fits.