Smart Device/App Users
1. Go to your app store. Search for YonkeGas app and install.
2. Launch the app. When it starts it will automatically start a search for YonkeGas sensors.
3. While the app is scanning, press the sensor SYNC button a minimum of 6X quickly. Note: The first 5X awaken the sensor from sleep mode. It is only in sleep mode from the factory. Once awake, the sensor will never go into sleep mode again; and only 1 press is required to re-SYNC or connect to a new device
4. The sensor will then appear on your app as a new device
5. Sensor is now Sync’d . You may now proceed to installing the sensor on the cylinder.
6. For LPG cylinder Monitor Users: 6. Pull the battery protection strip completely out of monitor and discard. This will turn on the monitor.
7. Hold one of the buttons on your Monitor until the lights for that button start flashing (approx 5 seconds). Release button when lights start flashing.
8. While the lights are flashing, press the sensor SYNC button a minimum of 6X quickly. Note: The first 5X awaken the sensor from sleep mode. It is only in sleep mode from the factory. Once awake, the sensor will never go into sleep mode again; and only 1 press is required to re-SYNC or connect to a new device.
9. The monitor lights will stop flashing and the sensor is now synced with the monitor.
10. Repeat steps to sync the second sensor to the 2nd button/gauge of the monitor. NOTE: For easy reference, the buttons on the display are colored green & black to correspond to the colored labels on each sensor.
11. Both sensors are now sync’d to the monitor. You are now ready to install the sensor(s) on the cylinder(s). Install Sensor on cylinder
12. Clean the bottom of the cylinder of any debris, excess paint, and rust.
13. If your cylinder sits directly on the ground or other flat surface, then you will need to install the LPG cylinder spacers to the bottom of the foot ring of your cylinder. This will provide adequate space and improved wireless range for the sensor.
14. The sensor mounts to the bottom center of the cylinder using magnets. The rubber pad between the magnets must make good contact with the cylinder, with no contaminants in between and must be aligned to the bottom center of the cylinder.
15. Return the cylinder to the upright position. Check that the cylinder is on a level and flat surface or otherwise is level with ground. Even a slight tilt can degrade the quality of the measurement.
16. After a few seconds, up to a few minutes, the propane will settle and the readings will stabilize.
Using the LPG Cylinder App Users:
17. Clicking on a sensor in the main list takes you to the sensor’s own screen. Most information is self-explanatory. Click on the pencil icon to change settings or rename your sensor. Be sure to change the cylinder size setting to match your cylinder. Please visit our website help section for more app use tips.
18. Pushing the monitor's button will initiate a scroll of the lights, once it obtains a new tank level reading from the sensor, that level will be displayed. It will remain lit for several seconds and then go back to sleep.
19. If the lights continue to scroll and never displays a level, the sensor and monitor are not communicating. Try pushing the button again. If the monitor still does not read, you may need to reposition the monitor, or check the FAQ’s and Troubleshooting on our website.
20. Your monitor will automatically monitor cylinder readings every 30 minutes. If a cylinder level goes below 10% of full, the red light will start slowly flashing to alert you that your cylinder is near empty. The flashing may be stopped by pressing that cylinder's button on the Monitor. This sequence then repeats every 8 hours.